Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Packing Up....

Another mom from our BBC thread was talking about packing up her baby's belongings and it made me think of this song. It is only the first verse, but it is so much what it was like for me when I packed Kenna's little outfits, I wanted to share it on here:

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Cant believe the hopes he's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we'll keep you close as always
It wont even seem you've gone
cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong....

Friends by Michael W. & Deborah D. Smith

For me packing Kenna's belongings was almost like closing a chapter and really accepting her death and reaching a point of understanding that it was up to ME to keep her alive in my heart.

No comments: